Death metal legends CANNIBAL CORPSE will close out 2022 with a North American headlining tour!
The month-long journey will commence November 3rd in Silver Springs, Maryland and run through December 10th in St. Petersburg, Florida with support provided by Dark Funeral, Immolation, and Black Anvil.
The tour includes two nights at the Rickshaw on the 17th and 18th of November.
See all confirmed dates below.
- 9/08/2022 Blue Ridge Rock Festival @ Virginia International Raceway – Alton, VA
- 11/03/2022 The Fillmore – Silver Springs, MD
- 11/04/2022 Empire Live – Albany, NY
- 11/05/2022 MTELUS – Montreal, QC
- 11/06/2022 Danforth Music Hall – Toronto, ON
- 11/08/2022 The Agora – Cleveland, OH
- 11/09/2022 Bogart’s – Cincinnati, OH
- 11/10/2022 Piere’s Entertainment Center – Fort Wayne, IN
- 11/11/2022 The Forge – Joliet, IL
- 11/12/2022 The Rave II – Milwaukee, WI
- 11/15/2022 The Palace Theatre – Calgary, AB
- 11/17/2022 The Rickshaw Theatre – Vancouver, BC
- 11/18/2022 The Rickshaw Theatre – Vancouver, BC
- 11/19/2022 The Showbox – Seattle, WA
- 11/21/2022 Regency Ballroom – San Francisco, CA
- 11/22/2022 The Wiltern – Los Angeles, CA
- 11/23/2022 The Observatory North Park – San Diego, CA
- 11/25/2022 House Of Blues – Las Vegas, NV
- 11/26/2022 Encore – Tucson, AZ
- 11/28/2022 Empire Garage – Austin, TX
- 11/29/2022 House Of Blues – Dallas, TX
- 11/30/2022 Diamond Ballroom – Oklahoma City, OK
- 12/02/2022 Decibel Magazine Metal & Beer Fest @ Summit Music Hall – Denver, CO
- 12/03/2022 The Granada – Lawrence, KS
- 12/04/2022 Bourbon Theatre – Lincoln, NE
- 12/05/2022 The Apollo Theatre AC – Belvidere, IL
- 12/06/2022 The Vogue Theatre – Indianapolis, IN
- 12/08/2022 The Concourse – Knoxville, TN
- 12/09/2022 Georgia Theatre – Athens, GA
- 12/10/2022 Jannus Live – St. Petersburg, FL
Comprising eleven tracks, Violence Unimagined is state of the art death metal played with passion and breathless precision, making for another flawless addition to what is inarguably one of the premier catalogues of the genre. While they continue to do what they do with aplomb, the one substantial change to CANNIBAL CORPSE is the addition of guitarist Erik Rutan to their ranks, joining bassist Alex Webster, founding drummer Paul Mazurkiewicz, guitarist Rob Barrett, and vocalist George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher. Known for his roles in Morbid Angel, Ripping Corpse, and most notably fronting the mighty Hate Eternal, Rutan has long established himself as one of the most dynamic forces in contemporary death metal. Simultaneously, he has built up a reputation as one of the most in demand producers in metal, having previously produced four CANNIBAL CORPSE albums (in addition to Violence Unimagined), alongside the likes of Goatwhore, Soilent Green, and Belphegor. Filling in live on guitar since 2019, in 2020 he became a full member, contributing to the writing process.
“The overall richness of this release is stunning, be it the staircasing whorl of ‘Slowly Sawn,’ the weird spatial patterns of what should’ve been the album closer, ‘Overtorture,’ the thematic red herring of ‘Follow The Blood,’ or the fact that the latter’s lead at 3:03 evokes — against all fucking odds — Crimson Glory’s Transcendence.” – Decibel Magazine
“…no death metal band maintains such a pure, vibrant energy.” – Pitchfork
“CANNIBAL CORPSE doesn’t simply continue to prove its relevance with Violence Unimagined, they’ve offered an album that’s as good as anything death metal fans could hope for in 2021. They sound as savage as a new band that’s trying to make its mark.” – Blabbermouth
“…the Floridians’ fifteenth studio album serves as a periodic reminder that, no matter how many pig-squealing, crypt-plundering, meat-sculpting scavengers follow in their entrail-strewn wake, nobody will ever topple them from atop their flesh-embroidered throne.” – MetalSucks